Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Understatement of the Year

I took Lomax to our vet this evening for a look at what I thought was a hot spot on his tail. It's nothing serious, don't worry -- it just turned out to be a cut or scrape that got out of hand. I didn't see anything happen, he never yelped that I know of, and I didn't notice it because the hair on his tail is so thick.

Anyway, the point: as Lomax is at the vet, being poked and prodded and examined, he is wiggling furiously. With great joy. As always. He's got a nasty cut on his tail, but that doesn't stop said tail from whipping and wagging. With great joy. As always. And I am attempting to hold him still so the doc can get a look at the affected area.

As Mr. Exuberance is busy licking my face and folding himself in half in order to snort in Dr. Liebl's face, the doc says to me:

"Happy little guy, isn't he?"

Yes. Yes, he is.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

haha! Awww that's so cute!

Petey sends you and Lomax some kisses and butt wiggles =)

JuliaR said...

Oh I so hope he gives all that happy love to someone who appreciates him as much as you. I worry about these things, even though I know Guide Dogs loves the dogs more than I do and they match them to people based on personalities. Silly me - I just need to watch the episode of "Dogs with Jobs" about Endal the yellow Lab in the UK and I know everything will turn out the way it should. I think I've seen that one 5 times and every time, I cry.

8675309 said...

You're killin' me, Julia! :)

I haven't seen Endal...although now might not be the best time for me to go looking for it, considering my emotional state.

I'm sure wherever Lomax goes, he will find joy and love and happiness. I like to say that "he brings the party with him." And I've been praying with all my might that whoever ends up with him will love him even more than I do.