Monday, November 26, 2007

Perhaps Something In a Sailor Suit?

After returning a costume I'd rented for the Victorian Grand Ball I attended with a friend from my swing dance classes, I walked Truman around Old Torrance for a while until we stumbled upon "The WWII Store." The proprietor was very kind and invited us in with great enthusiasm (which is not something you always get when you have a dog in tow). Neat place -- the store grew out of this one man's personal collection, and has since expanded to include an interesting selection of vintage uniforms & clothing, models & dioramas, films, memorabilia, military ribbons and insignia, and of course, books from floor to ceiling.

I didn't see anything there that might fit Truman, but I'll have to pay another visit before I go back to the Great Los Angeles Air Raid this coming year.

No comments: