Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Just Add Flour, Bake Some Bread -- Dog's Got Yeast Inside His Head

So, it looks like Lomax has a yeast infection in his ears but no hematomas, according to our new vet (whom we LOVE). I'm guessing he got it while he was kenneled at the school for a few days, since his ears were immaculate before that...and since that's the only place he could have caught it from water play or other dogs, any time recently. I have some Otomax to give him, and plenty of love, and he should be just fine. He has already returned to 100% Wiggly Mode, complete with Full-Scale Moof Power.

It continues to amaze me just how happy he is all the time. During both doctor visits we had due to this little spider bite, even when he was so swollen he could barely open his eyes, it was all I could do to keep him from wagging himself right off the exam table.

"I'm going to look in your ears now."

Yippee! (WiggleWiggleWiggleWiggle.)

"Now I'm going to take your temperature."

Hooray! (WiggleWiggleWiggleWiggle.)

"Now I'm going to give you a couple of shots."

WooHoo! Ouch. Yayyyy! (WiggleWiggleWiggleWiggle.)

I forgot to warn our new vet about Lomax's affinity for ear kissing, and consequently, as the doc was listening to Lomax's heart, he got the Labrador lightning-strike right upside the head. Good thing the stethoscope was in there, or he would have had to swab.

No comments: